It's a sad fact that many big companies like Walmart, Comcast, and Bank of America only pay $150 a year in Oregon state taxes. We know when corporations aren’t paying their fair share, the rest of us get squeezed and our communities suffer.
This November we’ve got an opportunity to change things for our students and for our state.
Together with parents, community members, and other unions we’re promoting Ballot Measure 97 which will put up to 33% more money into our public schools. We’re calling it the Better Oregon campaign.
This measure will create a small tax on corporations that have $25 million or more in sales in Oregon. It only affects a handful of large companies, mostly from out of state, and the impact is enormous. State analysts estimate it would add $5 BILLION to the budget each biennium!
After decades of cuts, we can finally turn things around and start funding the Schools Portland Students Deserve.
Help us get out the vote and Pass Measure 97!
- Saturday September 3rd, 10am-1pm -- PAT Day of Action (canvassing likely voters and knocking on doors)
- Thursday September 8th, 4pm-8pm -- PAT Phone Bank for Measure 97 (pick 2 hours to make calls)
- Saturday September 10th, 10am-2pm -- The Basics of Voter Contact Training (Learn how to engage the community then knock on doors for Measure 97)
- Wednesday September 14th, 6pm-8pm -- PAT Phone Bank for Measure 97
- Thursday September 15th, 4pm-8pm -- PAT Phone Bank for Measure 97 (pick 2 hours to make calls)
- Sunday September 18th, 10am-1pm -- PAT Day of Action (canvassing likely voters and knocking on doors)
- Saturday September 24th, 10am-1pm -- PAT Day of Action (canvassing likely voters and knocking on doors)