This year's NWTSJ conference is fast approaching! We will be back in Seattle at Chief Sealth International High School, on Saturday October 19th. Register now at nwtsj.org. Just $35 ($10 for students), which includes lunch.
We are thrilled to have Barbara Madeloni as this year's keynote speaker. Madeloni is the Education Coordinator at Labor Notes. From 2014 to 2018, she served as president of the Massachusetts Teachers Association where she played a key role in revitalizing the 116,000-member union and defending teacher rights and quality public schools.
This year's conference has more than 80 workshops. A sampling includes:
- How Red Lines Built White Wealth: A Mixer on Housing Segregation
- Learning from Indigenous Women Change-makers in Elementary Civics
- Reproductive and Gender Justice: A Key Part of Sexuality Education
- Decolonizing Your Classroom: Students and Teachers United (part of a three-session Ethnic Studies Block)
- Positive Disability Identity: Shifting Cultural Narratives Around Disability
- Beyond State Borders: Red for Ed Regional Organizing in the Northwest
- The Intersectionality of Climate Justice and LGBTQ+ Resistance
- Growing a Gender-Inclusive Biology Curriculum
- Home Language as a Human Right: Welcoming Students' Languages into Our Classrooms