"Degrees Not Debts" - Student Loan Forgiveness Presentation @ PAT - Thurs., March 15, 2018 - (4:30 - 7:00 PM) @ PAT Office
Portland Association of Teachers, 345 NE 8th Ave., Portland, OR 97232
Do you have outstanding student loan debt? Please join us to learn about your options to manage or erase them.
Participants will learn about:
• Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs (Teacher Loan, Perkins Loan, & the Public Service Loan Programs)
• Basic financial essentials and financial planning
This event is free to all PAT members. A light dinner will be served
In the Home Stretch: Retiring in 1 to 5 Years
PAT Retirement Seminar - March 1, 2018, 4:30 PM @ PAT Office, 345 NE 8th Ave., Portland, OR 97232
TOPICS for March 1:
- How does my pension work?
- What can I do to prepare now?
- What can I do with the I.A.P. account?
- When can I access my other retirement accounts?
- Is it too late to start saving for retirement?
The 2018 PAT Members’ Scholarship Application is now available. If you are a member of the Portland Association of Teachers and you have a high school senior who is planning on attending college in the fall of 2018, they would be eligible to apply.
Six of these scholarships will be awarded in 2018.
The Portland Association of Teachers (PAT) sponsors college scholarships for its members’ children who will be graduating from high school - students who not only demonstrate academic excellence, but are also actively involved in extra-curricular activities and
supporting their communities.
The application is here. Save the fillable pdf to your computer to complete it.
Please do not submit prior year forms – they will not be accepted.
The deadline for submitting completed PAT Scholarship applications is 4:30 PM on Friday, April 27th in person at the PAT office or postmarked no later than April 27, 2018.
(3/19/18: application tech issue corrected - Note: Application's final page 9 Judges' Scoring Sheet is only for applicant's self-check; not to be filled in on the application.)
There are so many benefits to being an active union member. In addition to the all of the guarantees and protections from our contract, PAT members also have access to substantial discounts on auto and home insurance. There are a number of other services available through the Oregon Education Association and the National Education Association.
This area is a resource for you, to help you get involved with our union and find answers to your questions.
- Check out our calendar to find out about upcoming events, committee meetings, Representative Assemblies, and more.
- You can find materials and information from past Representative Assemblies, including slides to use at PAT meetings at your building, in the Rep Materials tab.
- To read your complete contract, salary schedule, current MOU's and MOA's, and more, look under Know Your Contract.
- Look under Forms to find membership, sick leave bank, workload, and contract exception forms.