PAT Retirement Seminar - May 18, 2017, 4:30 PM @ PAT Office, 345 NE 8th Ave., Portland, OR 97232
TOPICS for May 18th:
PERS and OPSRP Retirement Plans:
How Does My Pension Work: Tier I, II, and OPSRP
What Is Going On In Salem?
What Would the Proposed Changes Do?
Is There Anything I can Do?
"Degrees Not Debts" - Student Loan Forgiveness Presentation @ PAT - Thurs., April 27, 2017 - (4:30 - 7:00 PM) @ PAT Office
Portland Association of Teachers, 345 NE 8th Ave., Portland, OR 97232
Do you have outstanding student loan debt? Please join us to learn about your options to manage or erase them.
Participants will learn about:
• Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs (Teacher Loan, Perkins Loan, & the Public Service Loan Programs)
• Basic financial essentials and financial planning
This event is free to all PAT members. A light dinner will be served
Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program
Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
Income Driven Repayment Program
Representative Assemblies are generally held on the last Wednesday of the month, from 4:30 to 6:30 PM. It is important that at least one representative from each work site attends. We provide a light dinner.
All PAT members are welcome, and all building reps can bring forward business and vote. If you have new business to bring to the RA, please contact the PAT president by the Friday before the RA to get it on the agenda.
Representative Assembly Dates 2016-17
Monday, August 22nd (RA/Membership Meeting) – (8:00 AM – 3:00 PM at Salty’s Restaurant)
Wednesday, September 7th (New Rep Training) – (4:30 PM)
Wednesday, September 28th (RA)
Saturday, October 8th (all Reps & Organizers training at Coast)
Wednesday, October 26th (RA)
Wednesday, November 30th (RA)
No December meeting
Wednesday, January 25th (RA)
Wednesday, February 22nd (RA)
Wednesday, March 22nd (RA)
Wednesday, April 26th (RA)
Wednesday, May 31st (End of Year Celebration / Retirement/Scholarship Awards)
This area is a resource for you, to help you get involved with our union and find answers to your questions.
- Check out our calendar to find out about upcoming events, committee meetings, Representative Assemblies, and more.
- You can find materials and information from past Representative Assemblies, including slides to use at PAT meetings at your building, in the Rep Materials tab.
- To read your complete contract, salary schedule, current MOU's and MOA's, and more, look under Know Your Contract.
- Look under Forms to find membership, sick leave bank, workload, and contract exception forms.