One of the most powerful things our union does is bargain with the District over everything from wages to workload. By speaking together with a strong, collective voice we're able to maintain our standards, defend our profession, and protect the learning environment for our students. The fruits of our work together are represented in the contracts for professional educators and substitutes.
Unassignment and Transfer Information
- PAT Transfer Process as defined in the 2019-2020 CBA
- 2020 FAQ #1 - Unassignments and Transfers
- 2020 FAQ #2 - Applying and Interviewing for Positions
- Highlighted CBA Sections Related to Unassignments
- Appendix A: Portland Public Schools Framework for Teaching
- Appendix C: Form 1 - Student Growth & Professional Goal Setting Form
- Appendix C: Form 2 - Pre-Observation Conference Form
- Appendix C: Form 4 - Post-observation Conference Form
- Appendix C: Form 7 - Non-Classroom Certificated Personnel Evaluation Form
- Appendix D: Program of Assistance for Performance Improvement Template
- Appendix E: Glossary
- Probationary educators shall be evaluated during each year of their 3-year probationary period based on the PPS Performance Evaluation Rubric. The evaluation process requires a goal setting conference in the fall and allows for informal observations by the evaluator. At least two (2) formal classroom observations are also required each year.
Other Relevant Memoranda of Agreement/Memoranda of Understanding
- MOU - PK-5 First Quarter Report Cards and Parent Teachers Conferences (10/5/18)
- MOA - Rosa Parks PK-5 - Year Round - Balanced Calendar (3/02/18)
- Merger Closure MOU (10/2017)
- PAT-PPS Agreement on Work Samples and Work Loads (3/18/2004)
- PPS Inservice Guidelines for Evaluation of Degrees and Credits Earned During Service with PPS (1989)
Contract - Prior Years and Related Materials
We have prepared the following worksheets based on grade level, and full or part-time status, to help you ensure your schedule respects your rights under the PAT contract when it comes to duty, planning time, staff meeting time and other workday components.
- Elementary: Full-time, Part-time
- K-8: Full-time, Part-time
- Middle School: Full-time, Part-time
- High School: Full-time, Part-time
If you are a part-time teacher or teacher assigned to more than one building, please note the special provisions pertaining to you referenced in each worksheet. Additional information is provided in FAQ: Part-time Professional Educators and FAQ: Working in More than One Building.