Applications for study leaves of absence for the second semester of the 2018/2019 school year may now be submitted for consideration. All application forms must be available for review by the Study Leave Committee by the end of day Monday, October 8, 2018.
Study Leave Application forms may be downloaded from the Benefits website [https://www.pps.net/Page/1710]. Click on the PAT Study Leave link. Up to 1.5 FTE unpaid study leaves, with District provided health and welfare benefits, will be available for the second semester of the 2018/2019 school year. Email to email@example.com or fax to 503-916-3107 attention Terri Burton.
- Email completed applications firstname.lastname@example.org for presentation to the Study Leave Committee. Please include detailed course description or description of your plan of study. Course descriptions or plans of study with no detail or associated credits will not be accepted.
- Each candidate must consult with his/her principal or immediate supervisor, whose signature must be on the application form.
- Unit members requesting study leaves of absence must submit, with the application, a current health form (attached to the application) properly filled out and signed by a duly licensed physician attesting to the unit member’s satisfactory health.
- Each applicant must submit an explicit outline of the planned course of study. The candidate must maintain a full-time student load, but need not exceed twelve (12) quarter hours, or its equivalent each term, while on leave.
- Study leaves will not be considered a break in consecutive service for the purpose of calculating salary schedule placement, seniority or retirement credit.
- A leave will NOT be granted when the purpose of the study leave is to enable the unit member to obtain an Administrator license.
- Must be a probationary or contract teacher to apply.