Last week we had two days of mediation with the District and it feels like bargaining has finally begun. Although we have had substantive discussions, and were even able to exchange proposals back and forth, no new agreements were reached.
- Competitive compensation, so PPS can attract and retain great educators
- Safer schools for students and staff
- Restoring early retirement benefits, so every educator has a bridge to Medicare
- Protecting due process rights for PPS employees
- Concrete improvements in special education, such as more time for case management and flexibility scheduling IEP meetings
- Providing materials in the language of instruction
- Respecting educators and honoring our agreements
We have to keep up the pressure over the next few weeks, so find out more about the key issues on the PAT website and talk to your building organizer about how you can get involved.