OEA Webinar, March 29th: Public Service Loan Forgiveness-- A Benefit for OEA Members
For years, NEA members have advocated together in favor of canceling college debt to help fix the educator shortage. Now, student loans taken out by millions of borrowers are being substantially reduced, forgiven, or even canceled outright due to recent changes in loan forgiveness programs.
However, the fight is not over, and NEA remains committed to helping you take advantage of these opportunities. Join us to learn more about how recent changes may impact your student debt, and resources available through your NEA Member Benefits to help you navigate the system.
Register today to reserve your place. Click the image below to see our flier
Date and Time: Wednesday, March 29 from 4:30-6:00 p.m.
Cost: Members $0, free as a benefit of membership. This is a members-only event.
Know Your Contract: Probationary Educators Performance Evaluations - Heads Up!
Probationary educators must be evaluated each year during their 3-year probationary period. The process is described in the contract and the Educator Handbook for Professional Growth and Evaluation. Performance ratings must align with the PPS Performance Evaluation Rubric and ratings must be based on direct evidence included in the written evaluation.
Don’t forget to wear blue on Tuesdays! It doesn’t have to be a PAT blue shirt: You can rock a blue scarf, a blue pin, a blue sticker, a blue sweater or anything else you can imagine. But why, maestra? What’s the point? Well, the Tuesday Blue-sday tradition helps us show each other our union solidarity and reminds PPS leaders that our power is in our numbers and unity. Remember, campaigns are not built on one action but many escalating actions. This is just the beginning!
Substitute Educators: Opportunities to Engage with Your Union
Substitute PAT members have the opportunity to shape our union and participate with other substitute and full time educators to organize inside our union and in our communities for quality public schools for all.
Not a member of PAT? Click HERE to Join PAT now!
Take a look at the Contract to become familiar with your rights.
- Next Substitute Committee Meeting: Monday, 10/17 from 4:30-6:30 PM at the PAT Headquarters (345 NE 8th Ave). Come eat, drink, and chat with substitutes and get involved in making our union strong! Here’s the agenda for the next meeting.
- The district will be offering another paid professional training day on "Building Your Guest Teacher Toolkit" on Friday 10/14 for substitute educators. If you didn’t attend the last one, you can register through Pepper here.
- Earn an additional $50 per day/ $35 half-day incentive pay if you work at one of the following schools:
- SE: Grout, Harrison Park, Kelly, Kellogg, Lane, Lent, Sellwood
- NE: Beaumont, Faubion, Rigler, Roseway Heights, Sabin, Scott, Vernon
- N: Beach, Cesar Chavez, Chief Joseph, George, Harriet Tubman, James John, Jefferson, Ockley Green, Rosa Parks, Roosevelt, Sitton,
- If you are applying to renew a teaching license from 01/01/2022 through 12/31/2023, educators are not required to report Professional Development Units (PDUs) to TSPC to renew or reinstate a license. For more information on this waiver, click here.
- Did you know you get a sick day as a substitute for every 17.7 days you work? If you need to take a sick day, whether or not you had to cancel a job on Absence Management, fill out this form.
Donate to the PAT Sick Leave Bank
Do you have unused sick leave hours? Please consider donating them to help support PAT members facing serious health issues.
Members may donate up to 40 hours of sick leave annually. Employees who have already submitted their notice of resignation are exempted from this maximum limit, and may contribute as many hours as they would like.
The PAT Sick Leave Bank (see PAT/PPS contract Article 184.108.40.206) provides aid for colleagues who have exhausted their accumulated leave balances and are unable to work due to extended or recurring personal illness. With the help of the Sick Leave Bank, they are able to avoid the additional hardships of lost salary and lost insurance coverage during their illness.
You can donate hours using this online form, or go to our website for additional information.
Search this site
Do you like this page?