May is Asian American and Pacific Islander Month: Celebrate with your students!
WEEK OF ACTION WEEKLY CALENDAR
- Curriculum Exchange
- Teach Anti-Asian Hate lessons
- Support AAPI Local Businesses
- JAMO Virtual Grand Opening- Updated link of the Opening!
- Letter writing to PPS School Board and Roosevelt Administration
Click on the images for the interactive Choice Board:
Looking for ways to participate in PAT AAPI Month? Check out the PAT AAPI Choice Board for great ideas.
RAFFLE PRIZES / DISCOUNT FOR THIS MONTH / SWAG
- A stack of free PAT AAPI Month stickers will be delivered to your building. Enjoy!
- Check out this list of local, AAPI-owned businesses offering discounts to all PAT educators participating in this heritage month.
If you complete “3 in a row” on the Choice Board, you can enter your name in the raffle for a chance to get an amazing prize. Prizes include things like:
- $25 gift certificates to Fat Straw (bubble tea)
- $50 gift certificates to Rose + Lincoln (juicery)
- An item from Frankie & Coco (handmade goods)
- Handmade face masks made by Jenny Yu
- $10 gift certificates to Kulfi PDX
- Boxes of ube-krinkle cookies from KASAMAMADE
- $15 gift certificates to Tea and Tea
- $15 gift certificates to HeyDayPDX Donuts
- And MORE!
- If you complete the whole Choice Board, you can enter your name AGAIN in the raffle.
You are invited to this weekly PAT AAPI Affinity Group
When: Every Friday at 3:30 pm during the month of May
Hosted by PAT Members Sarah Lee (3rd [email protected]) and Tiffany Koyama Lane (3rd Grade @ Sunnyside Environmental School)
See the whole playlist on our PAT YouTube page.
Here are Lessons and Resources put together by the PAT AAPI Month Committee.
Check out the website to register for many workshops throughout the school year. In this series of virtual workshops, the Asian American Education Project will be showcasing their curriculum on the Asian American Pacific Islander (“AAPI”) experience.
Throughout the month of May: APANO- Liberation in Practice: Anti-racism workshops
Thursday, May 6th at 5 pm: Celebrate Something Grand, the opening of the Japanese American Museum of Oregon at Naito Center. Register here.
Saturday, May 15th at 1 pm-3 pm: Buddhist Solidarity Meditation. Register here
Friday, May 21st at 6 pm: Indigenous Activism in Japan: Finding Justice. Join here
Saturday, May 22nd at 10:30 am-12:30 pm: Asian American Women Rising: NOT The Model Minority. Register Here