We are seeking applicants to be part of the 2021-22 PAT Advocacy Cadre. Apply here! Read more below.
What is the Advocacy Cadre?
This small group of members will work closely with UniServ Consultants to become experts on our contract, and will provide member-to-member support.
The Advocacy Cadre will run a Zoom Advocacy Hotline, where Reps and other members can get immediate answers to questions about the contract and support to resolve problems in their buildings.
Cadre Members Commit to:
- 2 days Advocacy Training August 17-18, 2021. (This will be held either live, or remotely, depending on safety recommendations at that time.)
- 1 Zoom Hotline shift a week, during the school year, Mondays, 4:30-6:30pm at PAT.
- In addition to answering the hotline, this time may include ongoing training and other advocacy work with UniServ Consultants. Additional dates may be added depending on need.
- This is a 1-year opportunity and commitment, paid at the OEA cadre-rate ($33/hour).
- Active PAT membership;
- Experience as a PAT building rep or other similar union experience preferred;
- Interest in continued union advocacy work;
- Special consideration given to applicants with an interest in pursuing work as a UniServ Consultant;
- Special consideration given to applicants with characteristics that help create a group that represents the racial diversity of our membership, and of the job-types that our members hold.
Goals for PAT:
- Build capacity among members to enforce our contract, support member rights, and organize and problem solve in buildings;
- Develop leadership within PAT that represents the diversity of our membership demographics and workforce positions;
- Create a pathway toward UniServ Consultant work for interested members.
- Fill out application form by June 4th.
- Interviews to be scheduled in mid June.
You can read about this year's Advocacy Cadre here.