September 15th is the beginning of Latine Heritage Month
Celebrate with your Students!
Cultura Hispana Heritage Month Books:
Please use these recordings in your classroom of PAT Educators reading to students.
- Pedro Cordero, Elementary School Social Worker Reads El Flamboyán Amarillo by Georgina Lázaro
- Kenya Marquez from Lent Elementary Reads I Am Latino by Sandra Pinkney
- Ginger Huizar, Beaumont Middle School, reads Gabby Lost and Found.
- Timisha Wilson from Arleta K-8 reads IslandBorn by Junot Diaz.
- Adolfo Garza-Cano reads Soldier for Equality: José de la Luz Sáenz and the Great War.
- Laura Arias reads, The First Rule of Punk
See the whole PAT Latine Heritage/Cultura Hispana Month Playlist here.
Resources for your Classroom
The PAT Racial Equity Committee and the Social Justice Committee have pulled together a wide variety of resources including:
- K-5 Scope and Sequence Example
- K-5 Exploring Identity Activities
- Online Lessons for K-12
- High-School Chicano Identity Activities and Resources
- Latine Book List
Find more resources for educators here.
Latine Heritage Books for Children
- Elementary School Level Books
- Middle School Level Books
- High School Level Books
- E-Books from Multnomah County Library