MOU on Return to In-Person Instruction (signed 3-15-21)
- Updated FAQ's on Return to In-Person Instruction (updated 3-18-21)
- Side by Side (Tentative Agreement Language Explanation) (3-16-21)
- Slides from 3/16/21 PAT All-Member Meeting re TA (3-16-21)
Additional Guidance Documents
- Dual Language Immersion Hybrid Guidance
- Students Support Services Hybrid Guidance
- Special Needs Education Hybrid Guidance
- Classroom Workspace Checklist
- Building Environment Checklist
- Protocol when Safety Checklist requirement not met
PPS Example Schedules for Hybrid
Covid-19 Exposure Protocols
- LIPI FAQ (1-22-21)
Agreement for ReOpening School under COVID-19 Pandemic, and District PLC Guidelines (signed 10-16-2020)
Hybrid FAQ (2-18-21)
Distance Learning Evaluation
Resources and Documents
- Timeline for Evaluations
- Administrator Observation Tool
- Observation Debrief Preparation
- Educator Self-Assessment and Reflection
- Counselor Evaluation Sample
- Library/Media Specialist Evaluation Sample
- Non-Classroom Employee Evaluation Sample
More Information on CDL Evaluations
Given the specific challenges we’re facing with Distance Learning, a majority of educators can still expect an “in process” for many of the evaluation elements, because all ratings must be based on evidence.
As part of this process, educators will be required to have two student learning goals and one professional goal for the year. Unlike prior years, you may focus student learning goals on:
- social and emotional learning for students;
- student engagement; and/or
- family engagement.
Professional goals are areas that you decide you would like to work on, and academic goals may be considered with mutual agreement.
Key Steps in the Evaluation Process
There are four steps in this year’s evaluation process, a Pre-Observation Conference, a Formal Observation, a Post-Observation Conference, and a Summative Meeting.
This year’s Pre-Observation Conference for classroom teachers will be based on the Educator’s Self-Assessment and Reflection worksheet. Separate rubrics will be used for Library Media Specialists, Counselors, and other Certified Educators not in the classroom.
Educators must be given at least five school days’ notice before the Formal Observation, and administrators will share their notes from the observation using the Administrator Observation Tool.
Generally, within five school days of the observation there should be a Post-Observation Conference. If the educator’s self-assessment and the administrator’s rating significantly diverge, the administrator will provide a written copy of the Administrator Observation Debrief Preparation Form.
For probationary educators this evaluation process will be conducted in both fall and spring, with a Fall Summative Meeting held prior to December 18, 2020 and a Spring Summative Meeting held by March 1, 2021.
For contract educators there is one annual observation cycle. Formal observations must be completed by April 1, 2021 with Annual Summative Meetings completed by May 1, 2021.