We are excited again this year to organize around different diversity months that represent the uniqueness of our students, educators and communities , as part of the work of our Social Justice and Community Outreach Committee and partnership with the Racial Equity Committee.
We are continuing our work with the 4 heritage months below, and adding 2 more to celebrate Diversity Months throughout the year.
- Latinx/Chicanx/Hispanic Month (September/October)
- LGBTQIA+ Month (October)
- Indigenous/Native American Month (November)
- Black Lives Matter Week of Action/Black History Month (February)
- Asian/Pacific Islander Month (May)
- Disability Pride Month (June/July)
We are seeking educators who want to help in the planning of these months. We will give priority to educators who represent each month for the planning teams. We will also try to make teams that represent all grade levels as much as possible. We will send an email a month or two prior to the month to begin planning.
Find more information on all our heritage months on our Social Justice/Community Outreach page.
Portland Association of Teachers