Emergency sub plans: Please remember to make 3 days worth of Emergency Substitute Educator/Guest Teacher plans! These plans could include:
- A general run down of the routine in your classroom: How do students ask to leave the classroom/space? Is there a morning Routine? Bell work? Typical end of period routine?
- Make sure to leave a message for students in the folder reminding them to be flexible, and that with guest teachers sometimes things do not always stay the same and that is ok!
How to Request a Substitute
Remember: As SOON as you start to feel sick or show any symptoms, please go to Absence Management and request a substitute. Then email your school secretary and admin sharing your absence. If you know you need to schedule a day in advance for training or Professional Development, please add your jobs to Absence Management ASAP.
Remember, you do NOT need to explain why, just what type of leave you are using. For example:
- Sick leave (mental and physical): “I am unable to come in because of illness. I have already requested a substitute with Absence Management under the code SICK.”
- Personal leave: “I am unable to come in due to an emergency [OR an appointment I cannot reschedule]. I have already requested a substitute with Absence Management under the code PERSONAL.”
- Professional Development leave: “As we discussed, I am taking a day for PD today. I have already requested a substitute with Absence Management under the code Professional Dev.”
- COVID quarantine: “I have tested positive for COVID and must isolate for 5 days. I have put this into the notes on Absence Management under the code ‘Quarantine’. I will let you know if my symptoms have not improved and I must continue to isolate after the 5 days of my isolation period.”
Do you like this post?