Every year, PAT members at each site elect Building Representatives. Please consider running to be a Rep! Your site can elect 1 Rep for every 9 members. Any PAT member can run to be a rep, and all PAT members can vote in Rep elections.
What do Building Reps do? Our union works because Reps do a lot! That’s why it is important to have a full team of Reps to share the load. Here are some of the responsibilities Reps take on:
- come to Representative Assemblies at PAT each month
- hold meetings for PAT members at their site
- educate members about our contract
- advocate to protect member rights and due process
- meet with building administrators to solve problems
- organize members around issues at your site or in the District
Ideally, each school has a diverse team of Reps that includes educators from a variety of grade levels and specialties, one that mirrors the racial and gender diversity of your site. Think about who you believe would be a good representative, and talk to them about running, too.
If you are interested in running to be a Rep, ask a current rep to put your name on the ballot. We are asking all sites to hold elections and reports results by June 1st. To learn more about the election process or the job of a PAT Building Rep, go to pdxteachers.org/pat_elections