After hearing concerns from many of you about the schedule the week of Memorial Day, PAT has been working through our Contract Administration process to make sure the schedule honors our agreements. Here are some updates:
For Middle School and High School:
- Educators must have at least 80% of their regular “Educator Directed” time over the course of the 4-day week (724 minutes for Middle School, 720 minutes for High School).
- To create equity between cohorts, there will be no “Asynchronous Day;” instead, Cohort A on Tu/W and Cohort B on Th/F.
For Elementary Schools:
- Elementary School WILL have the Wednesday Asynchronous day, with hybrid students coming in for in-person instruction on T/Th/F.
- This preserves services for students, including Special Education and small groups.
- Educators must have 80% of their regular “Educator Directed” time over the course of the 4-day week (648 minutes).
For K-8 Schools
- Like Elementary Schools, Wednesday is an Asynchronous day.
- PPS has stated that Middle Grades in K-8 schools only have one in-person cohort, so creating symmetry between cohort A and cohort B is not an issue. Please work through your building reps to contact your UniServ Consultant if that is not the case at your school