OEA is taking applications for a *new* grant opportunity. Education Empowerment grants are awarded to help local associations engage members around important issues that impact teaching and learning. The grant may be used to support professional learning and/or to enhance and improve professional practice in a specific area. This grant should focus on solving an issue that will create a lasting impact on professional practice in a local. It is not meant to be used to purchase consumable materials and/or classroom supplies.
- Any local Oregon Education Association member is eligible to apply for a grant during the grant cycle to be used to support professional practice.
- Grant applicants must have communicated their intent to apply to their local association President.
- Grants must relate to engaging members on professional practice issues and should not be used for consumable materials and/or classroom supplies.
- Grant applications must be received by October 15, 2021 for review and consideration.
- Grant requests should correspond with the local association and/or school district’s mission/vision/goals.
- Grant awards from $1000 - $5000
- All applications are due October 15, 2021.
- All projects must be completed by June 15, 2022.
- All grant final reports are due by June 30, 2022.
Please review the application here to see specific questions and information requested. If you would like to apply, please contact PAT President Elizabeth Thiel ([email protected]) to set up a time to discuss your proposed application.