Every year, OEA gives Promising Practices Grants to educators to support student learning and professional development for OEA members across Oregon. This year, there is $2,000 available for grants to PAT members.
Grants can be used to fund projects or materials that support improved student achievement. The application is fully online this year and available here.
Some examples of past projects funded by the Promising Practices Grant are:
- A library of books with QR codes attached that link to a video of the book being read in ASL for families of students who are deaf and hard of hearing.
- Purchasing Educational games to support positive student interaction.
- Supporting Latinx students through a MECHA conference.
- November 1, 2020 - Applications due. No late applications will be accepted.
- December 2, 2020 - PAT IPD Committee will review grant applications from our Council members.
- December 11, 2020 - Final decisions communicated to applicants.
- December 14 - 18, 2020 - Grants for those awarded will be processed and distributed by OEA.
- June 30, 2021 - Final grant summary due to OEA Center for Great Public Schools.
In the event that there are more funds requested than are available, IPD Committee will consider the following in determining how to disperse funds:
- Is the grant requester a first-time applicant?
- Does it serve a historically underserved population of students?
- How many students will be positively impacted?
- Does it support an early-career educator?