APPLY FOR AN OEA PROMISING PRACTICE GRANT
Every year, OEA gives Promising Practice Grants to educators to support student learning and professional development for OEA members across Oregon. This year, there is $2,000 available for grants to PAT members. Members may apply for grant funds up to $1,000.
Grants can be used to fund projects or materials that support improved student achievement. The application is fully online this year and available here.
Some examples of past projects funded by the Promising Practice Grant are:
- A library of books with QR codes attached that link to a video of the book being read in ASL for families of students who are deaf and hard of hearing.
- Supporting Latinx students through a MECHA conference.
- Books for classroom libraries featuring main characters who are People of Color so that students see themselves in literature.
- November 4, 2022 - Applications due. No late applications will be accepted.
- Mid-November 2022 - PAT IPD Committee will review grant applications from our Council members.
- December 12, 2022 - Final decisions communicated to applicants.
- December 13 - 17, 2022 - Grants for those awarded will be processed and distributed by OEA.
- June 30, 2023 - Final grant summary due to OEA Center for Great Public Schools.
In the event that, among qualifying grant applications, there are more funds requested than are available, IPD Committee will prioritize grant requests that fulfill the following criteria:
- Grant applicant is a first time applicant
- Project or idea which serves a historically underserved population
- Project or idea which serve large numbers of students
- Grant applicant is an early-career educator
Do you like this post?