Our Union siblings, the Portland city trade workers represented by DCTU, have voted to authorize their Bargaining Team to call a strike. They are asking for our support as fellow union members. Please come in your PAT Blue to show your support!
- DCTU Rally
- 5pm, Thursday, January 27th at Portland City Hall
- Come with your signs and wearing your PAT Union attire
- RSVP and Share here
Let City Management & Council hear your voice for a fair contract now! And please consider giving even a small amount to their Go Fund Me account to show the city council that the city workers are supported by our community.
From the DCTU on what they are fighting for:
The District Council of Trade Unions (DCTU) is a coalition of workers that bargains a contract together at the City of Portland, Oregon.
We are your families, neighbors, friends, and fellow community members. We work hard for Portland, ensuring that you have clean drinking water, habitable buildings, safe bridges and streets and many other essential services.
- Our needs are simple: a living wage, and the ability to live in the city that we serve.
- Negotiations with City Management for our current contract have stalled. The process, which should have taken half a year, has been going on since 2020. It is now 2022.
- The City has denied our repeated requests for wages that keep pace with inflation.
Since negotiations have reached impasse, we have two choices as workers:
Either accept the City’s final offer of wages that pay for less this year than they did last year, or go on strike.
Thank you for your amazing Solidarity and Support, and keep spreading the word!
Portland Association of Teachers