Elections for PAT Substitute Representatives for the 2022-2023 school year are here!
Please submit your name HERE by Monday, October the 24 if you are interested in serving as a Substitute Representative and attending our monthly Rep Assemblies on behalf of your fellow members.
Any Substitute Teacher who is a PAT member may nominate themselves for election as a PAT Substitute Representative.
PAT Representatives are the heart of the union. In addition to participating in the monthly PAT Representative Assemblies (RA's), Substitute Representatives take the lead in organizing and advocating for the Substitute members of PAT. This means Reps help to recruit newly hired substitutes into PAT, work to bring members together to discuss how best to organize and advocate around issues that matter to Substitutes, and work with PAT staff to support and represent the concerns and interests of Substitute members.
According to the PAT Bylaws: “One representative may be elected for each nine (9) full-time equivalent members or major fraction thereof, as of January 15, per site or group."
Around October 25th, we will send out the Substitute Rep Election ballot to all Substitute Members to vote.
Please click here to see the Substitute Representative roles outlined.
*In order to be a Substitute Rep, and in order to vote for Substitute Reps, you must be a PAT Member. If you are not a member yet, but would like to join so you can run and/or vote, please contact [email protected] ASAP.
Thank you for your time and interest!
Substitute PAT members have the opportunity to shape our union and participate with other substitute and full time educators to organize inside our union and in our communities for quality public schools for all.
Not a member of PAT? Click HERE to Join PAT now!
Take a look at the Contract to become familiar with your rights.
- Next Substitute Committee Meeting: Monday, 10/17 from 4:30-6:30 PM at the PAT Headquarters (345 NE 8th Ave). Come eat, drink, and chat with substitutes and get involved in making our union strong! Here’s the agenda for the next meeting.
- The district will be offering another paid professional training day on "Building Your Guest Teacher Toolkit" on Friday 10/14 for substitute educators. If you didn’t attend the last one, you can register through Pepper here.
- Earn an additional $50 per day/ $35 half-day incentive pay if you work at one of the following schools:
- SE: Grout, Harrison Park, Kelly, Kellogg, Lane, Lent, Sellwood
- NE: Beaumont, Faubion, Rigler, Roseway Heights, Sabin, Scott, Vernon
- N: Beach, Cesar Chavez, Chief Joseph, George, Harriet Tubman, James John, Jefferson, Ockley Green, Rosa Parks, Roosevelt, Sitton,
- If you are applying to renew a teaching license from 01/01/2022 through 12/31/2023, educators are not required to report Professional Development Units (PDUs) to TSPC to renew or reinstate a license. For more information on this waiver, click here.
- Did you know you get a sick day as a substitute for every 17.7 days you work? If you need to take a sick day, whether or not you had to cancel a job on Absence Management, fill out this form.