- Thursday, February 11th, 4:00-6:30 pm - "PUSHOUT" Watch Party and Student Panel. Movie: 4:00-5:30pm and Student Panel 5:30-6:30. Register here!
- Friday, February 12th, 5:00-6:00 pm - "You Better Recognize: Reviving the Black Nod" watch party and Q&A with award-winning filmmaker Elijah Hasan and produced by S. Renee Mitchell. Register here!
- Saturday, February 13th: OEA Symposium on Racial Equity. Join the waitlist here.
- Saturday, February 13th 4:00-5:30 pm: Beating Apathy Training. Register here.
- Monday, February 15th: PAT office closed to observe Presidents Day
February Committees Meeting, RSVP Here
- Advocacy, February 17th, 4:30-6:30PM
- IPD, February 17th, 4:30-6:30PM
- Substitute, February 17th, 4:30-6:30PM
- Racial Equity, February 24th, 4:30-6:30pm
- Social Justice and Community Outreach, February 24th, 4:30-6:30pm
- Membership, February 25th, 4:00-5:30pm
- Legislative, February 25th, 5:00-7:00pm
PAT is hosting a forum tonight from 5:00 to 7:00 PM to identify concerns and to do our best to address questions pertaining to the District’s plan to move to a hybrid model. Please register as soon as possible and participate in this meeting. A registration link is in your e-mail. Please contact [email protected] if you have not received this registration link. After registering, you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing information about joining the meeting. We want to ensure the discussion is between PAT members only. Please do not share your meeting link when you receive it.
In November, the PAT Executive Board signed the Defend Democracy Coalition Pledge.
On January 20th, from 4:00 to 7:00 pm in Irving Park, the Defend Democracy Coalition is holding a rally and march to celebrate the defeat of the Trump administration at the ballot box and to send a loud message to the Biden-Harris administration that our movements for social, racial, and economic justice are demanding an ambitious agenda of change.
Dumping Trump and turning the senate blue was just the beginning. This agenda includes such vital demands as: Medicare for all, real COVID relief, protection of immigrants, and reallocating money away from policing and into human needs.
Put on your PAT blue on January 20th and join the labor contingent at the march.
Join Teaching for Change and Howard University’s School of Education for a virtual curriculum fair featuring workshops, keynote speakers, and time for educators to learn more about the Black Lives Matter at School Week of Action, taking place February 1-5, 2021. This virtual event is free for educators and takes place on January 30th from 8:00am-10:30am. Register here for this awesome opportunity- this might fill up fast, so register soon!
If you are interested in planning for Black History Month and Black Lives Matter Week of Action/Year of Purpose with the Racial Equity Committee and the Social Justice and Community Outreach Committee, please fill out this interest form.
For the third consecutive year, OEA will be hosting a Winter Recharge retreat for aspiring educators and early career educators. This is an event tailored to the needs of aspiring educators and professionals in the first few years of their career.
This year, the event will be held virtually in a new, more flexible format on January 30th, 2021, with content offerings available from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
This is an opportunity to network with educators across the state in roles of mutual support, and delve into professional development opportunities which best suit your current role and goals for your career in education. This is one of many professional development supports that OEA offers its members. Please check out the OEA website for additional opportunities.
For more information and to register for the Winter Retreat please click here.
The PAT office and Advocacy Cadre will be closed Monday, January 18th to observe Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
January Committees Meeting, RSVP Here
- Substitute, Jan. 20, 4:30-6:30pm
- Advocacy, *Re-scheduled* Jan. 21, 4:30-6:30pm
- Membership, Jan. 21, 4:30-5:30pm
- Legislative, Jan. 21, 5:00-7:00pm
- IPD, *Re-scheduled* Jan. 22, 4:30-6:30pm
- Racial Equity, Jan. 27, 4:30-6:30pm
- SJCO, Jan. 27, 4:30-6:30pm
See the PAT Calendar for more
Are you a substitute educator struggling to navigate the Oregon Unemployment Insurance process?
On Thursday, January 7th, from 4:00-5:15PM, We have an Oregon Employment Department presenter who will give PAT substitute members a brief presentation and a Q & A session in which members and union leaders can ask questions.
Register for this important seminar here.
While the presenter cannot resolve issues with individual claims, they can answer any questions about OED policies, procedures, and regulations, including the best way to get help with a claim.
This webinar will accommodate 500 people, so be sure to register today. The seminar will be recorded and sent to those who are interested but cannot attend.
We hope to see you there.
We hope you’ll join one of the upcoming webinars.
- Session 1: Monday, December 7, 2020 at 5:00-6:00pm - Registration
- Session 2: Tuesday, December 8, 2020 at 7:00-8:00am - Registration
- Session 3: Tuesday, December 8, 2020 at 11:00am-12:00pm - Registration
- Session 4: Tuesday, December 8, 2020 at 5:00-6:00pm - Registration
- Session 5: Wednesday, December 9, 2020 at 7:00-8:00am - Registration
A PAT MEMBER BENEFIT!
California Casualty QuoteFest
Thursday, December 17th
Get your PAT Members Auto/Home/Renters Insurance Quotes. RSVP now!
Get a $25 Amazon Gift Card for a new Auto Insurance Quote!
Bonus: Two Fred Meyer Gift Cards will be given away during each session.
Save on PAT/OEA/NEA sponsored personal auto and home insurance provided by California Casualty.
Join us on Thursday, December 17th. The event is available in three sessions, 4:30, 5:00, or 5:30PM.
RSVP Here for the ZOOM meeting details and to select a time most convenient for you.
Teresa Muench NEA MB Affiliate Relations Specialist
4532 SW Henderson St. Seattle, WA 98136
The PAT will be holding a Financial Planning / Retirement Seminar at 4:30 PM on Thursday, November 8, 2018 at 4:30 PM at the PAT office (345 NE 8th Ave., Portland, OR 97232.
This seminar is another benefit for Active PAT Members.
The theme is "In The Home Stretch: Retiring in 1 to 5 Years" (This is for people nearing retirement and thinking about doing the PERS Bubble.)
Please register here
or call the PAT office at (503) 233-5018 to register.