Tax Time

Members may be able to deduct their union dues on their 2016 income taxes. This includes NEA, OEA and PAT dues. The deduction must meet the limitations on miscellaneous itemized deductions (deductible when "Miscellaneous" itemized deductions exceed two percent of adjusted gross income). To claim union dues as a deduction you must use the long Form 1040.

The amount of the deduction will be based on the actual dues paid in 2016. You will be able to find this amount on your December 2016 pay stub listed as dues.  OEA and PAT do not provide tax advice to members, you can find more information on the official IRS website: or contact your tax consultant.