Unpaid Leaves - March 1 Application Deadline
PAT/PPS Contract, Article 17.4.1, provides:
"Requests for a full year unpaid Personal, Exchange, or Career Development leave of absence (whether part-time or full-time) for the next school year must be submitted to Human Resources prior to March 1 or the leave will not be approved, except in extenuating circumstances where such leave requests will not be unreasonably denied."
Information regarding these unpaid leaves can be found on the PPS website.
Notice of Retirement/Resignation
An educator who gives notice of retirement or resignation (excluding resignation in lieu of termination, non-renewal, or non-extension) no later than February 15 shall be entitled to a notice stipend of $700. The payment will be received in the educator’s final paycheck. See PAT/PPS contract Article 18.2.
PAT is a proud member of Portland Jobs with Justice (JWJ), which organizes support for labor and community struggles at rallies, on picket lines, in educational settings, as well as at meetings and hearings. Fundamental to the work of Portland JwJ is a solidarity pledge from individuals to turn out to support other people’s struggles at least five times a year. Sign the pledge and ask 5 of your colleagues to join you.
Please regularly check out the JWJ Solidarity Calendar for information on actions, rallies, and events where you can participate and build solidarity with other workers in struggle around the Portland metro area.
- Thursday, February 11th, 4:00-6:30 pm - "PUSHOUT" Watch Party and Student Panel. Movie: 4:00-5:30pm and Student Panel 5:30-6:30. Register here!
- Friday, February 12th, 5:00-6:00 pm - "You Better Recognize: Reviving the Black Nod" watch party and Q&A with award-winning filmmaker Elijah Hasan and produced by S. Renee Mitchell. Register here!
- Saturday, February 13th: OEA Symposium on Racial Equity. Join the waitlist here.
- Saturday, February 13th 4:00-5:30 pm: Beating Apathy Training. Register here.
- Monday, February 15th: PAT office closed to observe Presidents Day
February Committees Meeting, RSVP Here
- Advocacy, February 17th, 4:30-6:30PM
- IPD, February 17th, 4:30-6:30PM
- Substitute, February 17th, 4:30-6:30PM
- Racial Equity, February 24th, 4:30-6:30pm
- Social Justice and Community Outreach, February 24th, 4:30-6:30pm
- Membership, February 25th, 4:00-5:30pm
- Legislative, February 25th, 5:00-7:00pm