While we recognize the unique and challenging circumstance educators confronted last week as we returned to our schools, we hope the first week of school went well for you all.
We are super excited to share with you the fall 2021 PAT Building Rep training calendar. If you are a brand new Rep, we encourage you to attend one of the Rep Fundamentals trainings being offered coming up:
- Thursday, November 18th 4:30-6:30 PM
- Thursday, December 2nd 4:30-6:30 PM
Please RSVP here for one of these sessions. (At the same link, you can register for other trainings coming up this fall and winter.)
We are calling these “Rep Fundamentals” not because they offer material that is basic, but because they review skills and knowledge that is most important for being a great Building Rep.
In addition to 4 distinct modules for Rep Fundamentals, we are thrilled to be offering a 5-part training series on Racial Justice for PAT Building Reps, specially designed for PAT by the University of Oregon’s Labor Education and Research Center (LERC) in collaboration with members of last year’s PAT Advocacy Cadre. You can register and read more about these workshops here.
Our hope is that Reps will cycle through all of the classes on Rep Fundamentals and Racial Justice for Reps over the course of the school year.
And for you more seasoned Reps, PAT will be offering training on advanced topics for Reps throughout the year. These advanced trainings are still in the process of being developed so please keep an eye out for updates.
Portland Association of Teachers
- Saturday, September 11th from 10:00 AM to noon
- Thursday, September 16th from 4:30 to 6:30 PM
- Saturday, September 25th 10 AM to noon
- Thursday, October 7th 4:30-6:30 PM
- **Postponed** Saturday, October 16th 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
- Thursday, October 21st 4:30-6:30 PM
- **Cancelled** Saturday, November 6th 9:00 AM-3:00 PM