Spring 2021 OEA Leadership Learning Opportunities
Join OEA member leaders of all levels of experience from across the state for an ongoing series of learning leadership opportunities. All courses are presented by OEA staff on Zoom on Wednesdays from 4:30-5:30 PM. Register HERE.
- April 28, Identifying Organizing Issues: Members aren't apathetic! Learn how to ask the right questions and take action in a meaningful way.
- May 12, Conflict Styles and Conflict Resolution: Identify how you behave during conflict and recognize conflict styles in others. Use this knowledge to analyze and understand conflict resolution strategies.
- May 26, Listening, Asking Questions, and the Collaborative Approach to Problem Solving: An experienced leader knows how to listen deeply, asks open-ended questions, and uses problem solving strategies that ensure all voices are heard.
- June 2, Becoming an Anti-Racist Educator: Learn actionable strategies to stand up for your students and colleagues, and advocate for equitable outcomes for all!
OEA Jump Start Series Now Registering for July and August
OEA's National Board Jump Start is a comprehensive, multi-day seminar designed to provide National Board candidates with important information about the certification process, time to examine component and Assessment Center requirements, the opportunity to plan how to meet requirements, and time to collaborate, and gather resources and information needed to pursue certification.
Participants will receive 30 PDUs for completing a full suite of modules.
A Virtual Visit with Dr. Bettina Love, Author of We Want to Do More Than Survive.
***NEW DATE, May 12, 2021*** NOW OPEN TO PPS STAFF FROM ALL GRADE LEVELS. Register HERE.
Upcoming PAT Committees Meetings: RSVP Here
- Advocacy Committee, April 21, 4:30-6:30 PM
- IPD Committee, April 21, 4:30-6:30 PM
- Substitute Committee, April 21, 4:30-6:30 PM
- Bargaining Committee, April 28, 4:30-6:30 PM
- Racial Equity Committee, April 28, 4:30-6:30 PM
- Social Justice and Community Outreach Committee, April 28, 4:30-6:30 PM
- Membership Committee, May 6, 4:00-5:30 PM
- Legislative Committee, May 6, 5:00-7:00 PM