March 10, 4:30-6:30 PM: PAT Rep Assembly
March 10, 5:00–6:15 PM: LERC Racial Equity and Union Solidarity Series -- Register here.
March 18 & 19, 4:30-6:00 PM:PPS Informational Meeting for Unassigned Educators (details to follow)
Upcoming Committees Meeting, RSVP Here
- Advocacy Committee, March 17, 4:30-6:30 PM
- IPD Committee, March 17, 4:30-6:30 PM
- Substitute Committee, March 17, 4:30-6:30 PM
- Bargaining Committee, March 31, 4:30-6:30 PM
- Racial Equity Committee, March 31, 4:30-6:30 PM
- Social Justice and Community Outreach Committee, March 31, 4:30-6:30 PM
- Membership Committee, April 1, 4:00-5:30 PM
- Legislative Committee, April 1, 5:00-7:00 PM
Ongoing Series: ODE Promising Practices Idea Exchange
- Wednesday, March 17, 4:00-5:00 PM: Engaging and Supporting Families
- Wednesday, March 31, 4:00-5:00 PM: Supporting Students who are Emerging Bilingual and Students Experiencing Disability
- Monday, March 22, 4:00-5:00 PM: Rethinking Grading with Agency and Equity Traditional grading practices often go unexamined despite their potential for harm. This webinar is designed to critically examine assumptions about grading, look at current grading practices, and imagine alternatives to the status quo. Register here.
- Monday, April 12, 4:00-5:00 PM: Phenomena-Centered Science in your Classroom Centering your K-12 science instruction around phenomena can build student engagement and understanding. We’ll explore key aspects of science instruction, share NGSS-aligned resources for the new school year, and consider strategies (like Driving Question Boards) that support science in your K-12 (possibly virtual) classrooms. Register here.
- Friday, April 12, 4:00-5:00 PM: Building Slides for Accessibility: Why and How Explore best practices for digital-visual accessibility. The majority of our time will be spent learning about practical tools and strategies you can implement immediately and efficiently into your lessons. The tool we will focus on for this presentation is Google Slides, but the principals can be applied widely to any digital content. Register here.