If you’ve never come to a meeting, or it’s been awhile, we hope you’ll come check us out next month. SJCO is a fulfilling way to connect with our larger PPS community and to participate in concrete actions. Below is our tentative agenda …and don’t forget, dinner is included!
- Union partners: hear updates and work together to deepen solidarity
- Heritage/Affinity Month Planning: updates on work release day successes and determine current needs for Native American and Indigenous People Heritage Month resources/events. Begin planning for Black Lives Matter Week of Action and Black History Month (in collaboration with the Racial Equity Committee), since our next quarterly meeting isn’t until February 9.
- External Organizing: plan the next steps to connect with community partners in meaningful ways to fight for schools our students deserve and to improve our teaching and learning environment.
- Focus Group: ELEMENTARY SPECIALISTS! Come together to share what is going well & where there are gaps in support, curriculum, funding, planning time, etc. Elevate needs, systems of inequity & common frustrations. How can the current contract support you, and how might the future bargain improve teaching and learning for specialists?
- Other PAT business to support the Executive Board, to be announced.
How are YOU weaving social justice and anti-racism into your work?
Email [email protected] a photo and/or a short blurb describing a meaningful lesson, conversation, or practice that illuminated or cultured an opportunity to deepen anti-racist and social justice work in our PAT community. We would love to share your experience in a future edition of The Advocate to inspire others to center race and justice in all that we do.
Do you like this post?